The new structure is designed to create a forward-looking organisational model that is even better at helping the company to achieve its strategic goals”, says CEO Steffen Syvertsen.
The new group management team will shake up the company at the same time as maintaining the continuity and experience needed for delivery.
New business areas
Technology is becoming a completely new area of responsibility within Agder Energi’s group management team.
- The electric power industry in general, and Agder Energi in particular, have taken on board the fact that technology is having an increasing impact on energy markets and on the competitive environment in which we operate. Our decision to make technological development a strategic area of responsibility within the group management team reflects the increasing importance of technology, says Steffen Syvertsen.
There is also a new business area called Innovation, which incorporates pilot projects like NODES and NORFLEX, the venture capital portfolio, innovation and M&A.
- I want innovation to be at the forefront of what we do. This business area will promote innovation and modernisation by challenging and supporting our value chain, as well as developing new business opportunities for the group, explains Steffen Syvertsen.
- I also wanted to create a coherent organisational structure that reflects the whole value chain, right from the power station through to the customer.”
- The Production business area will incorporate all of the Group’s energy production, including hydroelectric power and district heating.
- The Energy Management & Trading business area will manage our own and other people’s portfolios of electricity contracts, as well as our German activities.
- The Distribution business area is responsible for the Group’s electricity transmission business.
- The Customer business area covers LOS, our new venture FLYT, Entelios in the Nordic region and the company’s contracting business.
Human Resources and CSR have been merged into a new service department called HR and Communication.
Internal hires and diversity
The new group management team includes a mixture of experienced and new directors.
- I’m very pleased that all of the new Business Area Directors are internal hires. That was made possible by Agder Energi’s long-term focus on talent and management development. There is a lot of diversity in our team in terms of sex, age, background, experience and expertise, says Syvertsen.
This is the new group structure as of 1 January 2020:
Take a closer look at the companys value chain: