Steffen Syvertsen new CEO of Agder Energi
The Board of Agder Energi decided on the 21st of August to appoint Steffen Syvertsen as CEO after Tom Nysted decided to retire this year. Syvertsen takes over the 1st of October.
- It has been a long and thorough process to find Tom's successor. We have had a dialogue with several strong candidates, and we have now concluded that Steffen is the right person to take over as CEO, says Lars Erik Torjussen, Chairman of Agder Energi.
Steffen Syvertsen has worked for Agder Energi for 12 years, in recent years as CEO of Agder Energi Kraftforvaltning AS.
- Agder Energi is one of the most important companies in our region, with national significance and growing international business. It is a privilege to be allowed to take over as CEO when, after thirteen very active years, Tom Nysted has decided to step down, says Syvertsen.
The representative of the staff also supports the appointment:
- We are very pleased with the selection of Steffen Syvertsen, says group union representative Johan Ekeland, who has represented the employees in the recruitment committee.
Renewable energy for the future
- We have about 1000 employees in Agder Energi, who I very much look forward to working with. Common for all of us is that our core business is renewable energy. We contribute to Norway being powered by clean energy, and to Europe's commitment to green fossil-free energy. Not least, Agder Energi is important for realizing the ambition of Agder as Norway's first fully electric region, and through operations and value creation in many municipalities in Agder, says Syvertsen.
He emphasizes that the energy market is changing, and that Agder Energy's business is becoming more closely integrated into the European energy market where the boundaries are gradually being erased and the energy markets are linked:
- Climate issues, market integration and profound technological developments are driving the changes in this large energy market. Throughout the value chain, we see changes in competition, stakeholder landscapes and market mechanisms. In this landscape, Agder Energi's advantages are talented and committed employees, who have built the company into what it is today. This means that we are also an attractive partner for global technology companies in the development of new forward-looking solutions for the energy markets, says Syvertsen.
Steffen Syvertsen will take over as CEO of Agder Energi on the 1st of October.
- I know the company well through various management positions and will now look at our operational activities from a position as CEO. Therefore, when I start, I want to have close dialogue with my colleagues, the board and the owners to get input and views on how we should work together to develop Agder Energi further.
Lars Erik Torjussen
Chairman of the Board of Agder Energi
Mobil: +47 905 12 330
Phone: +47 909 28 415